Bishop Boland announces assignment changes
Bishop Raymond J. Boland has announced the following assignments:
OTHER CHANGES OF ASSIGNMENT
- Blessed Sacrament Parish, Bethany, and its mission, St. Mary Parish, Cainsville: Sister Mary Ann Schmieding, a School Sister of St. Francis, has been appointed pastoral administrator, effective July 1. On the nomination of Benedictine Abbot Gregory Polan of Conception Abbey, Father Isaac True has been assigned as sacramental minister. Father Alexander Luetkemeyer, pastor, has been recalled to the Abbey.
- Our Lady of Sorrows Parish, Kansas City: Father Tom Wiederholt, returning from sabbatical leave, has been appointed pastor effective June 1, with added responsibility for the Latin Mass community, succeeding Father Richard F. Carney, who retired May 31. Father Ambrose Karels continues his ministry to the Latin Mass community.
- St. Gabriel Archangel Parish, Kansas City: On the nomination of Abbot Gregory Polan of Conception Abbey, Benedictine Father Karl Barmann has been appointed pastor, effective July 1. Benedictine Father Dennis Dougherty has been assigned by his community to the Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau.
- St. James Parish, Kansas City: On the nomination of Father Mark Miller, Society of the Precious Blood provincial, Precious Blood Fathers Aloys Ebach and David Matz have been appointed sacramental ministers, effective Aug. 14, succeeding Precious Blood Father Lac Pham, who will be assigned to administrative work for the province. Joan Putthoff will continue as pastoral administrator of the parish.
- St. Patrick Parish, Kansas City, north: Father Jerry Waris has been appointed to succeed Father Michael Roach as pastor, effective June 23.
- St. Peter Parish, Kansas City: Father Joseph Sharbel, currently associate pastor at Our Lady of the Presentation Parish, Lee's Summit, has been appointed to succeed Father Jerry Waris as pastor, effective June 23. Father Sharbel, a native of the Kansas City area, is a priest of the Winnipeg Diocese.
- St. Therese Parish, Parkville: Father Michael Roach has been appointed to succeed Father James Hart as pastor, effective June 23.
- Our Lady of the Presentation Parish, Lee's Summit: Father James Hart has been appointed to succeed Father Michael Rice as pastor, effective June 23. Father Charles Rowe, newly ordained, has been assigned as associate pastor, effective June 23.
- St. Margaret Parish, Lee's Summit: Father Michael Rice has been appointed pastor of a new parish dedicated to St. Margaret of Scotland, effective June 23.
- St. Mary Parish in St. Joseph: Father Thomas Ludwig has been appointed to succeed Msgr. Victor Moser as pastor, effective June 23. Father Ludwig will continue as chaplain to Bishop LeBlond High School, St. Joseph. Msgr. Moser has retired, effective May 31.
- Sacred Heart Parish, Warrensburg: On the nomination of Father Mark Miller, provincial, Precious Blood Father Dennis Schaab has been appointed pastor, effective June 30. Father William Walter has been assigned by his community to a pastorate in Albia, Iowa.
- St. Thomas More Parish, Kansas City: Father Thomas Borkowski, associate pastor of St. Mary Parish, Independence, has been assigned as associate pastor, effective June 23. Vincentian Father Henry Piacitelli, coming from Salt Lake City with permission of his provincial, has been assigned as senior priest in residence effective Sept. 1. Father Daniel Reardon, associate pastor, will be going on active duty with the U.S. Navy in December.
- St. Mark Parish, Independence: The term of Father James Healy, pastor, has been extended to facilitate parish building plans.
- Priest Personnel Board: Father Michael Roach, pastor of St. Therese Parish, Parkville, has been appointed to succeed Father Robert Gregory, pastor of St. Elizabeth Parish, as chairman, effective July 1.
- Office of Vocations: Father Robert Stewart, pastor of Holy Family Parish, Kansas City, has been assigned as director, effective July 1. Father Stewart will continue in his duties at Holy Family Parish. Father Joseph Cisetti, associate pastor of St. Therese Parish, Parkville, and part-time associate director, will become full-time associate director and continue in residence at St. Therese.
- Diocesan Tribunal: Sister of Charity (Leavenworth) Virginia Bartolac will assume duties as director of the Tribunal effective July 1. Father Michael Coleman continues as Judicial Vicar, archivist and historian of the Diocese.